Sunday 1 May 2016

About me and my blog

About me
My name is Joe
In the past I have been considered as having special educational needs.  I have attended two special need schools.  However, after leaving school in 2009, I re-joined mainstream education completing a couple of land based courses gaining a level 3 pass in horticulture.   I finished college in 2014 and now work in ASDA.  At the same time I am also doing an access course with the Open University on Arts and Literature.  I have been in the Scouts since the age of seven.  Once I was 18 years old I became a scout leader.  Now I am a young leader for the cubs and beavers.

About this blog
Since leaving school in 2009 there has been two General Elections, and a number of local government elections.  I registered to vote when I was 18 and have voted all elections since then.  Unfortunately, many of my friends have not.  I often feel that the reason for this is that when at SEN school there was very little information given about the political system and no encouragement or instruction in how to take part in the voting process. I can’t help but think there was more information provided about voting in mainstream schools.  I am passionate that everybody, including those with ‘special educational needs’ should claim and make use of their voting rights.
A Couple of nights ago I went to a European referendum debate. Hearing the debate, it struck me on how important this referendum is and how its result will deeply effect the lives of young people.   I decided to set up a group aimed at encouraging / educating people with learning difficulties about voting and encouraging them to vote.

So I am hoping to use this blog to encourage people to vote, especially people with learning difficulties. By giving non bias information, about voting and encouraging people to do their own research.


The politicians may not listen when you do use your vote ….. they definitely won’t if they can count on your vote not being used.  

01/05/2016 


Text to speech apps 

No comments:

Post a Comment

History and politics

I have always been interested in history. Especially world war 2 and the cold war . I have since become interested in the roman rep...